Can I Share/Sync My Picasa Web Albums Automatically to My Facebook Account? [closed] – Is Facebook not working? Have no fear, we’ll get you back to watching those cat videos soon enough. It’s possible that YouTube is down for everyone, but the problem is more likely on your end. Whether videos are endlessly buffering, the Facebook app isn’t loading, or something else entirely, our troubleshooting steps for desktop and mobile should help you get Facebook working again. In this post we will describe about Can I Share/Sync My Picasa Web Albums Automatically to My Facebook Account? [closed], and how to fix it.
I use Picasa/Picasa Web to manage my photos. I would like photos I upload into Picasa web to show up automatically in my Facebook Photos section.
- Fully Automatic: When I upload photos to Picasa Web, I want them imported/viewable in Facebook without any further intervention.
- Only Public Albums: Nothing I have marked as private should make the transfer
- Not Necessarily Immediate: The transfer can be delayed a bit (no more than 1 day), but instant would be nice.
- All Data Transferred: Images, captions, timestamps should all be carried over.
- Status Updates: It would be nice if a Facebook status update can be generated whenever a new album/photo is synced – just as if I had posted it myself.
- One Way Only: Nothing the happens in Facebook needs to be carried back over to Picasa Web.
Yes you can.
Click here: http://apps.facebook.com/fotofan/
Then follow the directions to sync with your Picasa account. It will give your profile a “Picasa” tab.
alt text http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/1b29f95865.png
I just discovered another way that also seems to update your wall automatically when you post new photos. On your Facebook wall there is a button “Options” below the status update box. Clicking on this will reveal another button “Setting”. There you can add your Picasa site.
Uploading a picture to my Picasa account automatically triggered an update on my wall. However, unlike the built in Facebook photos, no album is created to view previous pictures although friends can still comment on your wall post.
Edit Well isn’t Facebook annoying. Literally the day after I post this, the feature has been removed with the following notice:
The Imported Stories feature is no
longer available. Most of the sites
supported by this feature now allow
you to publish stories to Facebook
directly from the site.
There is a Windows app called “Social Folders” that is very close to doing it. The only problem is that it has separate folders for each service (ie one for Picasa, one for Facebook) so you would have a bunch duplicates on your PC.